Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer is here!

Summer is here!
At last the coffee I left in the car is still as warm at 5:00PM as it was when I left it there in the morning.

Besides heat,
Summer brings some other nice things to Sun City. The quail babies don't hatch before the days are in the triple digits. The pace of life slows a little with the rise in temperature. When you feel a little warm, take a dip in one of the seven community swimming pools. Fewer bowling leagues means more open bowling.

On the subject of bowling,
Next week the professional bowlers will be at R.H. Johnson recreation center lanes in Sun City West. That's right, pro bowling tour comes to town! In the summer, no less.

How do we survive the heat?
It really isn't that hard. Dress in light weight, light colored and loose clothing. (See the suit and tie in my picture? I'm not wearing it today.) Drink lots of ice water, try to stay out of the sun, start your day earlier. Wear a hat, especially if you wear your hair in the wide center part style my genes blessed me with. Use sun screen when you must be in the sun. If worse comes to worse, go to one of the cool places in Arizona I wrote about here.

Do People Golf in the Heat?
You betcha Red Ryder! A few years ago, 3pm on a hot day in August, I was taking a listing. The client was an 83 year old woman who kept saying "hurry Up". I asked her do you have a tee time? She said yes, at 3:30. Keep in mind the hottest time of the day is 5PM. I made the comment that she was a great deal tougher than I am, she replied, "we don't shoot for the pin, we shoot shade to shade" That's dedication to your sport.

Hope you all have a pleasant and safe summer.

Jim Little, Your Sun City Realtor
http://jclittle.com/
Ken Meade Realty
17001 N Del Webb Blvd
Sun City AZ 85373
800-877-1776
623-977-1776

By the way…if you know someone who is interested in buying or selling real estate, please call me with their name and phone number. Thank you!
See my other blog at: http://activerain.com/blogs/jlittle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home